LEGO® Brick Art Contest
Would you like your artwork displayed at Peoria Riverfront Museum? Here's your chance!
To enter the contest, create an original piece of art using only LEGO® bricks and elements. Creations should be entirely the work of the child, and should fit in a shoebox (15 in x 10 in x 6 in). Museum Curator, Bill Conger will serve as the contest’s judge. All submissions are due by 5 pm on April 2, 2019. The winners in each category will be displayed in the museum lobby during the summer exhibition, The Art of the Brick.
Judging will be done among four categories:
• Ages 4-6
• Ages 7-9
• Ages 10-13
• Ages 14-18
• Ages 18+
Each category will have a winner. There will also be a grand prize winner for “best in show,” regardless of age category. The winning artists will have their artwork displayed at the museum from April 16 to September 1 to accompany the museum’s summer exhibition, The Art of the Brick.
To submit your work, take a picture of the completed sculpture and email to email@example.com. Due to the large number of submissions, please do not bring your artwork to the museum until the winners are announced. Please include the following information:
- Street address
- Phone number
- "Lego Art Contest" in the subject line
- E-mail address to notify winners
- Artwork must be an original work using only Lego brand bricks and accessories
- Artwork must have smaller dimensions than a shoebox (15 in x 10 in x 6 in).
- Please submit an email with the picture of the sculpture attached before 5 pm on Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
The winner of each age group will be displayed in the Peoria Riverfront Museum lobby. Each winner will receive two free tickets to any educational film shown in the Giant Screen Theater. A grand prize “Best in Show” will win a $50 Lego gift card. Limit one entry per child.
Art Contest Rules
- (1) Contest Eligibility: All contestants must reside in Illinois. Contestants between the ages of 4 and 17 must be entered by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older to participate in this contest. Contestants who are 18 years of age may enter themselves into the contest. Employees of Peoria Riverfront Museum and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, and child.
- (2) Contest Entry Closing Date: The contest entry closing date and date all submissions are due is 5 pm on April 2, 2019.
- (3) Selection of Winners: Judging will take place by the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Curator, Bill Conger, between April 2-9. Winners will be announced on the museum’s Facebook page on April 9 at the latest.
- (4) Probability of Winning: The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
- (5) No Substitutions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
- (6) Decisions Final: All decisions made by the Peoria Riverfront Museum (PRM) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by PRM without notice. PRM expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and PRM.
- (7) No Liability: PRM and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be hung in the museum, and such necessary hanging implements will be attached to the winning entries.
- (8) Entry Drop Off: If your piece is selected for display, please bring the sculpture to the front desk or programs office during business hours.
- (9) Lost Entries: PRM is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
- (10) Consent to Use: By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by PRM for the explicit purpose of expanding the PRM database of customers or potential customers. Entrants may receive the following from PRM employees or representatives via email: specials, promotional offers, or other advertising material.
- (11) Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Peoria County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
- (12) Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by PRM for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.