COVID-19 Group Policies
As we reopen the Museum, the safety of our community remains our main focus. Therefore, we have restrictions in place to ensure the health and well being of our guests and staff. These restrictions have been informed by the Restore Illinois Plan and CDC guidelines and apply to all groups.
- The maximum group size for any group visiting the museum is 50 people total, including staff or chaperones.
- Groups of 20 or more will require a Museum Guide per every 20 or less guests. Larger groups will be split into groups of 20 or less, each with a separate guide. The guide will help your group maintain physical distancing guidelines, move your group through the Museum, and generally provide information and assistance. To accommodate this requirement, there is an additional $3 charge per person.
- Face coverings are required by every participant. If you lose, drop, tear, or otherwise need a new mask, an emergency mask will be available for a fee of $1 per mask.
- For school and camp groups, our existing free chaperone policy remains in place.
No walk-in groups allowed. Our two-week minimum for scheduling is required for all groups to ensure staff and facility availability.
Cancellations must be in writing (via email) or by phone no less than 48 hours before your scheduled arrival (return reservation form with CANCEL written on it). Organizations failing to cancel a field trip within 48 hours will be billed 50% of the confirmed amount.
- Field trips canceled due to weather can be rescheduled at no additional cost.
- Field trips canceled due to quarantine restrictions or COVID-19 can be canceled at no cost.
- Groups (church, organizations, clubs, etc.) of 15 or more people will receive a discount off the general admission rate to be applied when paid with one check.
- Groups without a reservation will be charged regular admission.
- Group reservations must consist of a minimum of 15 people.
- Please reserve the date for a group tour at least two weeks in advance of preferred date. Dates and times are based upon availability.
- After receiving the group tour request, you will be contacted to secure your final tour date and you will receive an email confirmation. Payment is due before or upon arrival.
- Groups without a reservation may be turned away due to overcrowding in the galleries. Groups without a reservation will be charged regular admission.
- Memberships do not apply to group rates.
- Admission with the Museums for All program is not valid for group tours.
- Further group reservation information can be downloaded here.
Click here to view the Group Tour Reservation Form.*
*Please mail form to Holly Johnson at 222 SW Washington Street Peoria, IL 61602, or fax to 309-863-3054
For additional questions please contact Holly Johnson at 309.863.3013 or at email@example.com.